so much to catch up on!
- iowa was... iowa. so ridiculously cold and miserable i started questioning my sanity after a week. and you know the part in the wizard of oz when it goes from black and white to color? that's how i felt coming back. seriouisly. iowa = dingy snow "white", sand/salt grey, tree bark brown. portland = literally every color of the rainbow (for reals, my neighbor's yard has blue flowers). thank goodness for my family, otherwise i suspect i really would've gone insane.
- i'm going to london next week!!!! i know, i definitely haven't been traveling enough recently, right? if all goes as planned i'll have 2 days to get ready for artfest (!!) but i can't wait. plus matt and i get to go *together* (what a concept!).
- been meaning to mention a couple blogs i've fallen in love with recently: perfectbound by julie and kathryn from winnipeg (love their inspiring style), my polaroid blog by jen gotch (the talented danske on flickr), and everything by the amazing jen altman (fieryeyed on flickr): her gorgeous blog nectar and light, her shop, even her little girl's adorable blog! just lovely. which leads me to...
- for the love of light, a book jen is putting together coming out this summer that i am *so* honored to be a part of. included are some of my favorite photographers: eshu, maditi, fernanda and the lovely miss jenny vorwaller to name a few. so exciting! be sure to join the mailing list for more info.
- two last quick things: my friend stuart davis has a new album coming out next tuesday and one of my favorite songs of his *ever* is in the new owen wilson movie drillbit taylor opening tomorrow. so excited for him!!! he's on tour so if you're in the midwest be sure to check him out.
second, i went out of my box a bit this week (my box apparently being my living room) and attended the design*sponge portland biz lady meetup. grace's presentation on pr and marketing was amazing, and she even made her notes available. it got me really excited to get some of my stuff out there.
third, i'm off in the morning to chilly iowa. the last few days have been ridiculously gorgeous here (68 degrees!!!) so it'll be hard to leave. i won't have access to a computer (what's that, universe? time to consider getting a laptop??) so... see you in 11 days!
just wanted to do a quick check-in. brought a nasty cold / flu-ish type thing back from the desert with me. haven't gone outside in four days. these are some pictures i managed to take around the house today because i was going crazy just laying around. i leave friday for another little trip so i'll definitely post before then when i'm feeling better. :)